Master of Entertainment Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Entertainment Technology Center (ETC) – May 2021
Bachelors of Arts: English Writing, University of Pittsburgh – April 2012
Relevant Coursework: Building Virtual Worlds, Visual Story, Improvisational Acting, Intro to New Media, Narrative and Technology, Intermediate Fiction, Poetry Workshop
Freelance Game Designer / Narrative Writer, 2016-2019
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for “Among Ruins. Vulpe Arcana: October 2016 – January 2019
- Documented and designed core gameplay mechanics.
- Created, edited, and collaborated on all plot-related elements.
- Responsible for documentation as well as the distribution of all technical demo materials.
- Collaborated with Producer and Manager to ensure developmental progress.
Game Designer / Writer for “I Fell From Grace”. Deep Taiga: June 2017 – December 2017
- Designed narrative-driven puzzles and quests.
- Coordinated with Lead Developer to ensure quality and unified vision.
- Wrote background details to amplify lore and tone of the game.
Game Designer / Writer for “Devader”. Falkenbrew: January 2017 – February 2017
- Created all cut scene text related to graphics provided by Lead Designer.
- Contributed ideas and improvements for game mechanics as well as narrative vision.
Academic / Personal Projects
Building Virtual Worlds, ETC, Game Designer, Writer, Producer, Sound Designer. August – December 2019
- Created virtual experiences in teams of 4 or 5 within 1-2 weeks utilizing non-traditional input devices.
- Acted in various roles while coordinating with Programmers and Artists to ensure developmental progress.
Writer on “New Year’s Resolution”. Ghost City Comics. February 2018
- Wrote a five-page comic in five days with Aaron Miller.
- Comic placed 2nd in Ghost City Comics 5×5 Competition.
Lead Game Designer for “The Ninth Crowe”. Personal Project. August 2015
- Created a text adventure game using the Quest engine.
- Wrote all dialogue, plot points, and world lore.
- Designed all in-game areas, puzzles, and character traits.
Game Designer for “Pokemon Zeta / Omnicron”. Pokemon Fan Game. August 2013 – May 2014
- Generated numerous NPC teams while balancing strong thematic elements.
- Designed a multi-tiered temple with over 60 NPCs.
- Collaborated with Lead Designer on numerous story elements.
Game Designer. Game Jam Pittsburgh. June 2018
- First Place in Game Jam Pittsburgh’s Board Game category.
Game Designer. PIGDA Board Game Jam. August 2017, October 2019.
- Earned Second Place (2017) and “Most Creative Material Use” (2019) in Pittsburgh’s Independent Game Development Association’s Board Game Jam.